Coordinator of Multicultural Student Engagement
We are looking for a motivated individual to support the University’s Mission. This position works within the Office of Student Engagement to develop and facilitate co-curricular programs and services that link issues of diversity, multiculturalism, inclusion, intersectionality, globalization, internationalism and social justice to holistic student development.
- Develop, coordinate and evaluate a portfolio of annual programs designed to encourage students’ cultural and social awareness; provide socially and culturally responsive engagement; initiate meaningful inclusivity/multicultural dialogues and foster diversity and multiculturalism on campus;
- Plan and coordinate trainings and workshops for University personnel and students in collaboration with Rivier University’s Diversity Council;
- Create internal and external partnerships that intentionally connect the curricular and co-curricular experience; building upon students’ knowledge of self, and understanding of diversity, equity, inclusion, social justice, and global perspectives;
- Apprise the Student Affairs Division of campus climate issues/concerns, resolve problems, and provide advice and assistance as needed with campus and divisional peers;
- Provide a support network, including outreach, advocacy, and other support services for all multicultural students (undergraduate, graduate, online, athletes, etc.) attending the University;
- Assist Admissions and Financial Aid staff with multicultural student recruitment and scholarship activities;
- Assist in the administration of Orientation, Welcome Week, and grant-supported programs (with increased responsibility during the months of June-August).
- Represent the University at various internal and external functions
- Assist with relevant partnerships to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion efforts are at the forefront of the university agenda as outlined in the University’s Strategic Plan;
- Prepare and administer a department operating budget, maintain website, social media, records and reports.
- Bachelor’s degree required plus three (3) to five (5) years of higher education relevant experience,
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to advocate for and support the academic, personal and professional needs of underrepresented populations at Rivier University.
- Possess a working knowledge of key issues and best practices related to diversity, equity, inclusion, multiculturalism, and social justice.
- Strong organizational and administrative skills.
- Experience with program development, implementation and assessment.
- Ability to work effectively with all University constituents as well as external organizations.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Flexibility and adaptability in an emerging and changing environment.
- Experience with grant writing and administration desirable.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and the contact information for three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Rivier University offers a comprehensive benefits package to our full time employees that includes paid time off, extended sick leave, medical insurance, dental insurance, flex spending account, tuition remission options, and a 403(b) retirement plan match after 1 year of employment.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.