Assistant Registrar and Veterans Coordinator
The Office of the Registrar is looking for a welcoming and responsive individual to provide information and support to students, parents, administration, alumni, and outside parties as needed.
- Serves as the University Veterans Coordinator. Verify enrollment status of eligible students for VA benefits, complete surveys and/or reports re: Rivier’s military student population; maintain Yellow Ribbon Records and student veteran files; keep up-to-date with changes in VA programs/policies, and changes in legislation.
- Verifies authenticity of credentials submitted to the university, including the acceptance of transfer credits and admissions documents for both undergraduate and graduate population.
- Serves as a liaison between Rivier University faculty, staff, and students, with regards to academic policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with Family Education Rights and Privacy Act and maintains confidentiality of student records.
- Assists with Commencement activities including ordering diplomas, maintaining accuracy of graduation lists for publication, and monitoring and coordinating post-commencement awarding of diplomas.
- Assists with the graduation audit of all student records, verifying that all degree requirements have been met prior to degree conferral.
- Responsible for updating and maintaining the degree audit system.
- Serve as the New Hampshire College and University Council (NHCUC) Student Exchange Coordinator.
- Assists Registrar with course scheduling, classroom scheduling, and registration system.
- Coordinate with the Registrar in the planning of functions and services.
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3 to 5 years of relevant records administration experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired. Master’s degree and prior experience serving Veterans preferred.
- Exceptional interpersonal, organizational, administrative and general office skills.
- Proficient reading, math and analytical/problem-solving skills.
- Relevant experience in maintaining moderately complex records systems, including experience with computerized information systems.
- Familiarity with higher education organizational and academic policies desirable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students, faculty, staff, senior administrators, parents, government agencies, and other outside organizations.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter including starting pay expectations, resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references to email@example.com.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.