Administrative Assistant | Admissions
We are seeking an independent, organized, and detailed orientated individual to complement the Office of Undergraduate and Graduate Admissions.
- Assist with events, including maintaining registration lists, preparing name tags and other event materials, and working at events as assigned. Available for select evening and weekend events.
- Assist with managing social media accounts including Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and others as assigned.
- Assist with admissions reception desk coverage when needed.
- Prepare data to support a variety of recruitment functions and initiatives.
- Prepare email communications using an email platform tool available to help drive student registrations to admissions events as detailed in the admissions calendar and communications plan.
- Schedule a variety of department meetings; coordinate set-up, technology needs, and catering; and prepare meeting materials.
- Monitor department email accounts and main phone line, providing timely response and/or referrals to all inquiries.
- Prepare a variety of letters, correspondence, and presentations as assigned.
- Process departmental invoices for payment, keep a detailed record of expenditures and report/reconcile multiple department budgets on a monthly basis. Prepare and process monthly expense reports.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Detail-oriented, highly organized and proven ability to multi-task.
- High level of proficiency with Microsoft Office including Excel, PowerPoint and Word as well as Microsoft Outlook calendaring and email.
- Demonstrated professional and personal integrity.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively.
- Strong written, verbal communication and customer service skills.
- Minimal of 5 years’ experience in a fast-paced, diversified office, the ability to multitask, to work with multiple interruptions and to be able to prioritize tasks.
- Prior event planning is a plus but not required.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter including starting pay expectations, resume, and the contact information for three (3) professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.