Access Services Coordinator/Circulation Coordinator
The Regina Library is looking for a helpful individual to coordinate the circulation and availability of library materials, provide information to library patrons, maintain the library stacks, and supervise student workers.
- Plan, supervise and coordinate circulation desk operations, including the checking in and out of library materials in all formats, maintaining circulation records and generating reports and notices.
- In coordination with faculty, maintain the library’s reserves collection.
- Provide patrons with a wide variety of informational assistance concerning library services and policies, and information about the University, as necessary. Assist patrons in the basic use of computers, printers, scanners, word processing tools, the wireless network, etc. In the absence of the reference librarian, provide reference assistance, as needed.
- Interview, hire, train, supervise, and schedule student workers. Create and plan Circulation Desk student worker schedule and workflow for Regina Library.
- Maintain library stack areas: shelve, inventory, shelf read, plan for space needs and shift targeted areas of the circulating collections as necessary.
- Manage the library’s media equipment and test collections.
- Participate in the library’s information literacy program as needed; provide library instruction and orientation for user groups. When necessary, prepare LibGuides and other appropriate teaching materials.
- Assist with library projects, programming, and other tasks as needed.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree plus two to three years of relevant experience.
- Overall understanding of library operations, particularly library circulation systems.
- Good supervisory and organizational skills.
- Ability to coordinate and plan workflow, multi-task, and work with a variety of detailed data.
- General office and organizational skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products.
- Ability to interact courteously and efficiently with library patrons; ability to exercise sound discretion when enforcing library policies.
- Excellent customer service orientation.
Preferred Education and Experience:
- MLS degree or MLS degree candidate.
- Academic library experience.
- Experience with library’s integrated library system.
- Overall understanding of basic reference assistance and the Library of Congress classification system.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until September 22nd or until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply and while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a resume and the contact information for three (3) professional references to email@example.com.
Rivier University does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, marital status, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation or disability in admission or access to, treatment in or employment in its programs and activities, and Title IX requires that the University not discriminate on the bases stated above.
Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Rivier University has the advantage of a central New England location in a thriving small city less than 50 miles from metropolitan Boston. With a student population of 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students, the University is recognized for academic excellence, a strong liberal arts program, and professional career preparation in various fields.
Dedicated to its mission of transforming hearts and minds to serve the world, Rivier University is guided by the faith heritage, intellectual tradition, and social teachings of the Roman Catholic Church. The faculty and staff are engaged in the education of the whole person in the context of an open and inclusive academic community that cultivates critical thought, sound judgment, and respect for all people. We especially encourage candidates who are committed to enhancing the racial, ethnic, or cultural diversity of the University to apply.