Public Relations / Social Media Intern (Carpet One)
CCA Global Partners, Manchester, NH
WHO WE ARE
CCA Global Partners is one of the largest privately held companies in the United States with 14 distinct businesses, more than 2,700 locations producing aggregated annual sales in the billions of dollars. CCA Global Partners cooperative is a leader in developing programs and services that help independent business owners reach a higher level of success both personally and professionally.
ARE YOU A COLLEGE STUDENT LOOKING FOR AN INCREDIBLE EXPERIENCE?
INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE AND PURPOSE
CCA Global Partners’ internships are designed to provide unique, hands-on learning experiences. Interns will gain skills and knowledge in leadership, teamwork, decision making, planning, organizing, communication, cooperation, speaking to diverse groups, problem solving, interpersonal skills, and creative thinking.
• Must be a student finishing their sophomore or junior year.
• Able to work 40 hours per week for 12 consecutive weeks (May 19 – August 1, 2014).
• Want to work hard, be challenged and have fun.
• Provide a letter of recommendation from a current or former Professor/Supervisor.
• Authorized to work in the United States.
• An incredible learning experience at CCA Global Partners’ Manchester, NH Headquarters.
• A fun and exceptional working environment.
• $10.00 per hour.
PUBLIC RELATIONS INTERN
As a Public Relations/Social Media Intern, you will assist the Senior Marketing Specialist and Vice President, Marketing working on various public relations and social media projects and initiatives for our Carpet One Floor & Home division. Candidates must be organized, be able to take direction, be a self-starter and highly efficient, smart and eager to learn. Specific responsibilities include:
• Write consumer-facing press releases, articles, blog posts and social media content.
• Assist the Senior Marketing Specialist with management of national social media accounts on Facebook, Twitter, Google+, YouTube and Pinterest.
• Research and write award applications, company press releases and the CCA website content.
• Collaborate with team members to create ideas for new content including social media, videos, magazines and press releases.
Carpet One Cares and Beautiful Design Made Simple Blogs
• Contact members to gather information about local initiatives.
• Research topics for blog posts.
• Write blog posts.
• Gather photos to be used in posts from members and stock sites.
Beautiful Design Made Simple Magazine
• Assist with creating and editing the current issue of the Beautiful Design Made Simple digital magazine.
Carpet One Floor & Home Welcomes Your Support
• Assist with photo shoot and member materials for Convention.
National Public Relations and Social Media
• Create postings for C1Members.net to showcase national media and blogger placements.
• Create blogger outreach lists.
• Organize blogger lists in GroupHigh.
• Find photos, content, etc. For National social sites – Twitter, Facebook, Pinterest, etc.
• Review C1Members.net, make suggestions for new content/changes and write communications to members as needed.
Member Local Public Relations – CCA Newswire
• Update member accounts with appropriate media contacts.
• Train members to use CCA Newswire.
• Write local press releases and create templates to upload for members.
• Must have the skills and the interest in writing, public relations and social media projects.
• Must be highly organized to meet deadlines.
• Must have some experience and be comfortable in project management.
• Proven expertise in all Microsoft Office programs inclusive of Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
• Excellent writing and speaking skills.
• Ability to learn new skills and assume new responsibilities.
• Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment.
Must be a student currently enrolled in an accredited college or university finishing their sophomore or junior year, pursuing a degree/career in Public Relations, Social Media or Marketing.
Interested and qualified candidate please submit your Resume and Letter of Recommendation from a current or previous Professor or Supervisor via the link below no later than: March 7, 2014
(Please note that housing benefits will not be available)
CCA Global Partners
670 North Commercial Street
Manchester, NH 03101