Seasonal Park Ranger
Edward MacDowell Lake, Peterborough, NH
The US Army Corps of Engineers at Edward MacDowell Lake will be accepting applications for Full-Time, summer seasonal park ranger positions.
Staffing is needed from June through early September. Per the hiring rules and regulations, the applicant must be currently enrolled in college and be returning for the fall semester.
Major Duties Include:
* Assist park visitors with questions and mediate problems related to park operations, regulations, and / or facilities, ensuring that park visitors have a positive recreation experience.
* Provide formal and informal interpretive programs and tours on a variety of topics from water safety to the flora and fauna of the park.
* Monitor park facilities for protecting resources, safety and cleanliness.
* Perform on going maintenance and facility improvements to park facilities and grounds.
* Enjoy working in the great outdoors and with people
* Be a team player and give your 100% best effort
* Must wear a prescribed uniform (government provided allowance).
* Must possess a valid motor vehicle license.
* Must be able to work weekends, evenings, and holidays.
View us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/US-Army-Corps-of-Engineers-Edward-MacDowell-Lake/119567064877339
HOW TO APPLY
All applicants wishing to apply need to go to the USAJOBS website.
Go to https://www.usajobs.gov
Conduct a job query search (New Hampshire) (US Army Corps of Engineers) (Park Ranger)
This is the help link that provides all the information needed for the application process. https://help.usajobs.gov/index.php/Main_Page
APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT SUBMIT THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION WILL NOT RECEIVE FULL CONSIDERATION.
Key requirements and information:
• U.S. Citizenship required.
• Background and/or Security Investigation required*
• Selective Service Registration if applicable.
• Must possess or be able to obtain state issued driver's license.
• Wearing a uniform is required. (Uniform allowance is offered to employees)
• Will be assigned to work nights, early mornings, rotating shifts, holidays, and weekends
• Occasional travel may be required for training.
• Direct deposit is required for all employee’s paychecks
• Government housing is not available
*Under the Requirements of the Homeland Security Presidential Directive 12 (HSPD-12), all new Federal employees, must have a background investigation.
Students are encouraged to check the USAJobs website for the job announcements. There is a lot of competition for this field of work. A summer working with a federal agency can enhance any candidate’s work experience and resume. We are looking for team oriented individuals who enjoy the great outdoors and working with people.We are looking to present job offers between March and April, with a start date within the month of May