Cross Insurance Center, Bangor, ME
The Global Spectrum managed facility, Cross Insurance Center, is looking for a college junior, senior or graduate student to serve as an intern. Global Spectrum is subsidiary of Comcast-Spectacor; the Philadelphia-based company which is one of the world’s largest sports and entertainment companies. Global Spectrum (global-spectrum.com) is the fastest growing firm in the public assembly facility management field with more than 100 facilities throughout the United States and Canada. This internship is unpaid.
Intern Objectives Include:
• Assist with / learn the planning and promotion of family shows, concerts, and arena sporting events
• Assist with / learn day-of-event operations associated with all marketing and group sales events such as client parties, birthday parties, and corporate functions before and/or during the event.
• Assisting marketing and group sales staff with various projects involving research including conducting demographic and psychographic research for various department projects
• Learn to maintain and build the social media databases
• Grassroots marketing research and execution by going out into the community with a regular employee to represent the arena at festivals, fairs, and other events with high traffic to publicize arena and events coming to us. This will be done to flyer, poster, create relationships with various retailers, and get the word out about the arena and the upcoming shows
• Data entry for Cyber Club, e-mail database, and sales force: and assisting in ways to increase our database
• Learn to make group sales calls and Assist Group Sales Manager in researching corporations, scouts, schools, and other businesses that may be interested in group sales events.
• Help with the creation and execution of group sales plan and group sales flyers.
• Gathering event news clips for various building public relations
• Assist with various public relation functions such as: brainstorming, executing public relation events and performing all other duties assigned
• Assist in employee customer service award program.
• Assist in training of new intern rotations.
• Must be college junior, senior or grad student seeking an internship to satisfy a class credit requirement (No financial compensation is available, and housing and transportation are the student’s responsibility)
• Hours/schedule based on school’s credit hour requirements; Minimum of 15 hours per week from January through May preferred; evenings and weekends required based on event calendar
• Fall Internship is from September to December.
• Working knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Reader and Photoshop a plus
• Working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Internet a plus
• Professional verbal and written communication skills in the English language
• Able to keep up in a fast-paced environment
• Must be assertive, outgoing, creative, hard-working, resourceful, independent thinker who is greatly interested in working in Sports/Entertainment Marketing
Director of Marketing
Cross Insurance Center
515 Main Street
Bangor, ME 04401