Gameday Communications Intern
New England Revolution, Foxborough, MA
The New England Revolution seeks a highly motivated individual capable of assisting the club’s overall communications efforts on home game days. The Communications Gameday Intern will be a vital part of the execution of gameday media operations for the New England Revolution soccer team. The successful candidate will work daily with the diverse New England and national media (print, radio, television and internet). This is an ideal position for prospective interns who have little to no experience in the sports industry, but wish to pursue a career path in those areas.
•Candidates must be available for all of the team’s home games during the chosen semester, with exceptions for college classes or infrequent/special occasions that conflict with the schedule.
• Help with all aspects team’s gameday media operations, including but not limited assisting media with information requests, disseminating information, organizing postgame activities (press conferences, interviews, transcription).
• Assist with set-up for all matches, including international matches hosted by the team.
• Staff media will call on a rotating basis.
• Interact with media members on behalf of the communications staff.
• When needed, assist stats crew with official stats input.
• When needed, assist broadcast crews in a variety of capacities: talent stats, official stats, spotter, runner.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Due to the cyclical nature of the sports and entertainment industry, the employee will be asked to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the company, including weekends.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITY:
• The ideal candidate should possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
• Must be self-motivated, detail-oriented and challenged by accountability.
• Knowledge and passion of the sport of soccer is preferred.
• Internships are for academic credit only and are unpaid.
• Preference will be given to candidates who are pursing communications, journalism or public relations OR who are looking for a first working experience in the sports industry.
Submit cover letter, resume, references and a selection of writing/work samples (preferably Word or PDF) to email@example.com or through the mail to Director of Communications, New England Revolution, Gillette Stadium, One Patriot Place, Foxborough, MA 02035 (Phone: 508-549-0496).
For Summer internship: April 1
For Fall semester internship: Aug. 1
For Spring semester internship: Nov. 15