If you are ready to enroll and have questions about your academic program or a transfer of credits, call us today at (603) 897-8219 to arrange an appointment with the Office of Graduate Admissions or the Office of Undergraduate Professional Studies Admissions.
If you want to start by taking a class before enrolling in a program, visit the Registrar’s Office for a current course schedule and registration information. Our Academic Advisors will help you get started.
For Undergraduate Programs
Submit the following materials to the Office of Undergraduate Professional Studies Admissions, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060. A personal interview is optional.
(NOTE: A.S. Nursing* and Advanced Placement LPN-RN** applicants will need to provide additional information and materials.)
- Application for admission (Apply online –or- download an application)
- Application fee—waived for applications submitted online; a nonrefundable $25 payment must accompany paper applications.
- Official high school transcript or GED. Non-nursing transfer applicants with an associate or bachelor’s degree do not need to submit high school transcripts.
- Letter of recommendation from an employer, professor, or professional colleague.
- Transfer students only: In addition to the above, official transcripts from all previously attended colleges. Rivier University may request that you obtain catalogs or course descriptions if necessary to evaluate course work.
- Statement of Purpose: Each applicant must submit a personal statement, one or two pages in length, which addresses one of the following:
1. Rivier University is a Catholic university dedicated to transforming hearts and minds to serve the world. In a personal statement of one, single-spaced, typed page, help us understand how your background and interests match the mission of Rivier University. In your response, feel free not only to draw upon your past, but also to look forward: what do you want to study at the University, and why? What do you plan to do with your degree that will connect to Rivier University’s mission?
2. Where do you see yourself career-wise in 5 years from now? In one, single-spaced, typed page, describe how your academic and/or life experiences have shaped your career goals. Please develop at least two specific examples.
3. In one, single-spaced, typed page, describe what for you would make a truly successful experience in a college-level course. In your response, please develop at least two specific examples, referring to experiences you have had either as a student, teacher, coach, manager, etc.
*For A.S. Nursing Program
Applicants who are not LPNs or RNs and who wish to major in Nursing (A.S. programs) must provide evidence of satisfactory completion (70 percent or higher) of high school or college chemistry and algebra. Adult students who have not taken the SAT I or ACT within a six-year period are required to take the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®)
**For Advanced Placement LPN-RN Nursing Program
All licensed practical nurses (LPNs) are eligible to apply for advanced placement in the A.S. nursing program following admission to the University in the Undeclared major. Applicants may be granted advanced placement contingent upon proof of LPN licensure, a review of their LPN curriculum, acceptable performance on the Test of Essential Academic Skills (TEAS®) and the successful completion or equivalent challenge examination of the three courses listed below:
• Anatomy and Physiology
• Nursing 101 Nursing Fundamentals
• Nursing 102 Care of the Adult I
It is recommended that applicants who need to take the (TEAS®) and also require special test arrangements and accommodations, take the exam at a PSI Testing Center.
For Graduate Nursing Programs
Submit the following materials to the Office of Graduate Admissions, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from an individual in a nursing leadership position
- A completed Course of Study Choice Form
- Verification of active, unencumbered RN license(s)
- Evidence of successful completion of an undergraduate statistics course
- RN-MS Applicants (RNs who have an AS or diploma in Nursing but no Baccalaureate degree) are also required to submit a Professional Portfolio.
Rivier employs a system of rolling admissions. Through this method, students may apply for admission at any time and are notified of acceptance 2 to 4 weeks from the date their application is complete.
We accept credits from accredited 2- and 4-year institutions. To transfer credits, you should request that your official transcript be sent to: Rivier University, Office of Undergraduate Professional Studies Admissions, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060. Your advisor will review transcript and determine how many credits are transferable to your chosen program of study.