Project Advance Scholarships
Licensed Practical Nurses (LPNs) are invited to apply for Project Advance scholarships to Rivier University’s LPN to ASN program. These scholarships have been made possible through the vision and $600,000 gift of a generous and anonymous donor for the benefit of LPNs employed at long-term care nursing centers.
Project Advance enables motivated students to overcome the financial challenge of a college degree. Scholarship recipients will receive full tuition, books, and fees to complete an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree, which is a prerequisite to licensure as a registered nurse. Classes are held on nights and weekends, enabling students to continue to work while pursuing their degrees.
University Admission Requirements. Standard nursing program admission requirements apply. View requirements.
LPN to ASN Program Advanced Standing. Applicants may be granted advanced placement into the LPN to ASN Program contingent upon:
- proof of unencumbered LPN licensure;
- a review of their LPN curriculum;
- successful challenge (a level 2 or higher) on the ATI RN Fundamentals Proctored Assessment. This assessment may be repeated only once after a month waiting period;
- TEAS are not required;
- Once accepted to the program, all advanced placement students must take NSG 200 Nursing Transition and demonstrate competency in the following non-nursing courses prior to beginning the clinical nursing sequence;
- Students must submit official CLEP or challenge examination scores (meeting Rivier University’s minimum passing grades) and/or complete the course(s) to fulfill these requirements: Anatomy and Physiology I & II, Bioethics, English Composition, General Psychology, Microbiology, Humanities Elective, Lifespan Development, Sociology Elective.
Scholarship Criteria. In addition to fulfilling admission and the advanced standing requirements outlined above, applicants must:
- hold an unencumbered LPN license;
- be currently employed at a long-term care facility;
- demonstrate financial need/eligibility according to federal financial aid guidelines.
Scholarship Application Process. Application for the Project Advance scholarship requires:
- a completed application to Rivier University’s LPN to ASN program, including all supporting documentation;
- a completed Project Advance Scholarship Form (Download Scholarship Application);
- a completed Supervisor’s Recommendation/Evaluation (Download Recommendation Form);
- submission of a short essay (100-500 words) discussing
- What would receiving this scholarship mean for you?
- Why you are seeking this degree, and how it will impact your nursing practice?
- Describe your commitment to the nursing profession, including your long-term career goals.
Application Deadlines. All applications and supporting documents must be submitted by June 22, 2020.
Speak with an Enrollment Counselor. We are here to help you! Ask questions and request guidance from an Enrollment Counselor by calling (603) 897-8507 or emailing email@example.com.