The Landry Early Childhood Center (LECC) staff members believe that each child is a unique individual. Sensitive to each child’s social, emotional, intellectual and physical needs, we support their development with highly qualified teachers and low teacher-to-child ratios.
The Center supports the National Association for The Education of Young Children’s commitment to developmental, individual, and age appropriate practices:
- Appreciate childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle;
- Base our work on knowledge of how children develop and learn;
- Appreciate and support the bond between the child and family;
- Recognize that children are best understood and supported in the context of family, culture, community, and society;
- Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual (child, family member, and colleague);
- Respect diversity in children, families, and colleagues;
- Recognize that children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships that are based on trust and respect.
LECC teachers are trained to observe the individual’s learning style, interests, and developmental level. Through observation and assessment, teachers plan and implement hands-on learning experiences that engage a child’s imagination. Each lesson incorporates different subjects and encourages curiosity. Questioning, experimentation and conversation help children gain answers to their inquiries. This creates an environment where optimal learning and the joy of discovery happen every day.
We instill a genuine appreciation for others and their unique qualities. We encourage children to value differences and view them as strengths. To promote this concept we show positive regard and respect for each family.
We recognize that families are a child’s first and best teacher. The LECC teachers and support staff work with each child’s parents to enhance development. Our family atmosphere helps instill an appreciation for others and their special qualities.We strive to help each child develop a positive sense of self and a responsibility to others.