B.A. in Elementary Education
Prepare to be a leader in the classroom.
For those with a love of learning and teaching young minds, the B.A. in Elementary Education prepares graduates for Kindergarten through Grade 8 teacher certification. This age group requires teachers that are active, engaged, and continuously strive to create a dynamic classroom environment. Rivier’s strong, hands-on education program delivers:
- A 100% pass rate on national certification exams;
- Field experience beginning in freshman year;
- A total of 150 classroom training hours prior to student teaching;
- Certification eligibility in 41 states, plus the District of Columbia, the Virgin Islands, and the United States Department of Defense Dependents' Schools worldwide.
- Rivier education graduates have nearly a 100% job placement rate.
In addition to the elementary education major, students earn a minor in another discipline, and complete the New Hampshire State Department of Education Professional Standards for Teachers, which are required for certification. The program culminates with a 16-week student teaching assignment at a local school, which is coordinated by Rivier’s Education Department staff.
Rivier’s education degrees prepare graduates for the “classroom of the future.” With assistance from several federal grants—including Project New Teachers—the University has become a statewide leader in preparing teachers to integrate technology into their classrooms.
Rivier University is a College of Distinction.
Department of Education
Rivier's high-quality, hands-on bachelor's and master's programs prepare students for leadership roles in a global environment. For more information, visit the Department of Education.
B.A. in Elementary Education graduates can pursue roles as:
- Elementary school teachers
- Junior high school teachers
- Education administrators
- Adult literacy or GED teachers
- Many other education-related positions
Note: Some careers may require additional graduate study.