Play a role in shaping future leaders.
For those with a love of learning and teaching young minds, the B.A. in Elementary Education prepares graduates for Kindergarten through Grade 6 or Kindergarten through Grade 8. This age group requires teachers that are active, engaged, and continuously strive to create a dynamic classroom environment. Rivier’s strong, hands-on education program delivers:
- Extensive field experience and teaching starting freshman year
- Eligibility for certification in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories; the Department of Defense Education Activity; Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario per the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement
The Elementary Education program emphasizes experiential learning with courses that take students into Greater Nashua classrooms as soon as their first semester on campus. Students’ program of study culminates with a semester-long student teaching assignment at a local middle or high school, which is coordinated by Rivier’s Education Department staff.
In addition to the elementary education major, students take focused disciplinary content courses, and complete the New Hampshire State Department of Education Professional Standards for Teachers, which are required for certification.
Graduates are confident in front of a classroom; through observations and student teaching, they connect theory with practice for classroom success.
Rivier University is a College of Distinction.
Department of Education
Rivier's high-quality, hands-on bachelor's and master's programs prepare students for leadership roles in a global environment. For more information, visit the Department of Education.
B.A. in Elementary Education graduates can pursue roles as:
- Elementary school teachers
- Junior high school teachers
- Education administrators
- Adult literacy or GED teachers