Grow and share your passion for science.
Workplace focus on STEM-educated (Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math) students continues to grow, creating a great demand for qualified science teachers. Rivier’s strong, hands-on education program delivers:
- Extensive field experience and teaching starting freshman year
- Eligibility for certification in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories; the Department of Defense Education Activity; Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario per the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement
Rivier’s Biology Education degree fulfills all the requirements of our biology major and the New Hampshire State Department of Education Professional Standards for Teachers, which are required for certification. The curriculum encompasses biology, chemistry, physics, calculus, and secondary education courses.
The program emphasizes experiential learning with courses that take students into Greater Nashua classrooms as soon as their first semester on campus and culminates with a semester-long student teaching assignment at a local middle or high school, which is coordinated by Rivier’s Education Department staff.
Graduates are eligible for certification in all 50 states, the District of Columbia, and U.S. Territories; the Department of Defense Education Activity; Alberta, British Columbia, and Ontario per the NASDTEC Interstate Agreement. They are confident in front of a classroom; through observations and student teaching, they connect theory with practice for classroom success.
Rivier University is a College of Distinction.
Department of Education
Rivier's high-quality, hands-on bachelor's and master's programs prepare students for leadership roles in a global environment. For more information, visit the Department of Education.
B.A. in Biology Education graduates can pursue roles as:
- Middle and high school science teachers
- College professors
- Community health professionals
- Healthcare-industry corporate trainers
- Forest rangers, park technicians