Prepare to pursue your career or graduate studies in clinical fields, public health, and a variety of social and policy-related academic programs.
B.S. in Public Health (Online)
Transform your future and the lives of others with an online B.S. in Public Health degree. You will learn the skills you need to help you address health-related issues in the community and beyond.
Why Study Public Health at Rivier?
The dynamic field of Public Health is growing rapidly. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, positions such as community health educators are expected to grow 21 percent by 2022—faster than average.
In Rivier’s Public Health program, you will develop skills to practice in multiple public health-related areas, including public health services, environmental services, epidemiology, and social and public policy. Since this is one of the few fully online programs in the region, you can learn in a flexible, convenient format designed around your schedule.
In this program you will:
- Develop skills to practice in multiple public health-related fields
- Learn about the core concepts of public health including health behavior, research, and statistics in health
- Hone skills in the planning, implementation, and evaluation of community and public health services
Multiple term starts, a generous transfer credit policy, and competitive tuition rates are all designed to help you start, and finish, faster.
- Next Start Date: January 25, 2021
- Est. Program Length: 2–4 years
- Credit Hours: 123
- Course Length: 7 and 14 weeks
Where Will Your Degree Take You?
Rivier’s online B.S. in Public Health will prepare you for exciting careers across multiple public health-related areas including pharmaceutical and medical supply companies, professional and advocacy organizations, governmental organizations, non-profit charity and service organizations, research organizations and voluntary health agencies both in the United States and globally.
Potential Job Roles
- Public health analysts and advisors
- Hospital administrators
- Health inspectors and educators
- Health communication and marketing specialists
- Public health professionals in a variety of roles
Public Health professionals work in a variety of industries:
- Environmental Health
- Health Administration
- Health Promotion
- Health Policy
- Social and Public Policy
- Global Health
Take the Next Steps
Learn about criteria, how the admissions process works, and what you will need to apply.
Faculty will serve as your mentors and guides.
Request more info
Join the workforce in this fast-growing field with a B.S. in Public Health.