Take your nursing career to the next level! Catholic Charities New Hampshire licensed practical nurses (LPNs) are invited to apply for one of 10 full-tuition, Project Advance scholarships to Rivier University’s LPN to ASN program. These scholarships have been made possible through the vision and $300,000 gift of a generous and anonymous donor for the benefit of LPNs employed at Catholic Charities New Hampshire rehabilitation and long-term care nursing centers.
Project Advance endeavors to overcome the financial challenge of a college degree for motivated students. Scholarship recipients will receive full tuition, books, and fees to complete an Associate of Science in Nursing (ASN) degree, which is a prerequisite to licensure as a registered nurse. Classes are held evenings and clinical rotations can be completed days and weekends, enabling students to continue to work while pursuing their degrees.
University Admission Requirements. Standard nursing program admission requirements apply. View requirements.
LPN to ASN Program Advanced Standing. Applicants may be granted advanced placement into the LPN to ASN Program contingent upon:
- proof of unencumbered LPN licensure;
- a review of their LPN curriculum;
- successful challenge of NSG 101 Nursing Fundamentals and NSG 102 Care of the Adult I.
Scholarship Criteria. The scholarship is available to new students applying to Rivier’s ASN program for fall 2019 entrance. In addition to fulfilling admission and the advanced standing requirements outlined above, applicants must:
- hold an unencumbered LPN license;
- be currently employed by Catholic Charities New Hampshire;
- demonstrate financial need/eligibility according to federal financial aid guidelines.
Scholarship Application Process. Application for the Project Advance scholarship requires:
- a completed application to Rivier University’s ASN program, including all supporting documentation;
- a completed Project Advance Scholarship Application Form;
- provision of a Supervisor’s Recommendation/Evaluation;
- submission of a short essay (100-500 words) discussing
- What would receiving this scholarship mean for you?
- Why you are seeking this degree, and how it will impact your nursing practice?
- Describe your commitment to the nursing profession, including your long-term career goals.
Application Deadlines. All applications and supporting documents must be submitted by April 15, 2019 to be considered for fall 2019 admission and scholarship awards.
Scholarship Notification. Awards will be made and recipients notified by May 6, 2019.
Speak with an Enrollment Counselor. We are here to help you! Ask questions and request guidance from an Enrollment Counselor by calling (603) 897-8507 or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
This collaboration between two Catholic, non-profit organizations preserves and advances healthcare consistent with their shared values. In addition, it directly supports diversity in the nursing workforce and promotes ongoing economic and community development.