The Biology Department is located in Mendel Hall, and includes:
- Three multipurpose laboratories
- BAE Student Research Lab, where students can gain hands-on experience by assisting in faculty research and developing their own independent biology research projects. Resources include extensive lab instrumentation for protein characterization, microbe identification, tissue culture, and anaerobic growth analysis.
- Extensive instrumentation, including capabilities for a variety of electrophoretic separations, high speed centrifugation, enzyme assay, and genetic analysis.
- Electronic computer integrated physiological monitoring equipment capable of measuring cardiovascular, respiratory, muscular, and neurological functions
- Extensive video equipment, television microscopy, on-line literature review, and internet access
- A microbial identification system
- A research laboratory equipped for ultra-low temperature studies and river water studies