Through its curriculum, Rivier University seeks to:
- Develop creative approaches to problem-solving, promote intellectual curiosity, and engender a lifelong commitment to learning.
- Promote ethical awareness, personal accountability, and a strong commitment to community.
- Foster a sense of the sacred and of the dignity of the human person, particularly as expressed through the Catholic tradition.
- Cultivate the ability to place oneself, one’s discipline, and one’s society in historical, cultural, and global perspective.
- Foster the ability to reason critically and use sound reasoning.
- Develop the capacity for precise and articulate communication—written, oral, visual, and quantitative.
- Promote an understanding of the special disciplinary approaches and contributions of the arts and sciences.
- Prepare students to function as skilled professionals in their chosen careers.