Department of Business Administration
Meet Dr. Kevin T. Wayne
Associate Professor of Business Administration
D.B.A., Business Administration, Huizenga Graduate School of Business & Entrepreneurship, Nova Southeastern
M.B.A., Southern New Hampshire University
B.S., Management, concentration in Information Systems, UMass Lowell
- Sports & Entertainment Marketing
- Strategic management
- Marketing management
- Marketing and new product development
- Marketing research
BackgroundRecent Publications and Presentations
Dr. Wayne has an extensive industry background that includes experience in medical technology, healthcare, and high technology industries. He was co-founder and vice president of ONUX Medical, Inc., a successful medical technology start-up company where he helped raise more than $22 million to fund the enterprise. Dr. Wayne also held managerial positions at C.R. Bard, Smith & Nephew Endoscopy, and Visualization Technology. He has worked in marketing, product development, business development and manufacturing functions. Dr. Wayne's research interests include entrepreneurship, technology transfer, new product development, and the marketing of innovations.
He was a member of the Board of Directors at SafeStitch Medical Inc. (2006-2013), also a member of Medical Development Group, Association of University Technology Managers, Academy of Management, and many local community organizations.
- Wayne, K. (2017). Deconstructing Management Maxims: A Critical Examination of Conventional Business Wisdom, Volumes 1 & 2.
- Wayne, K. (2015). Sporadic Value of Business Plans: Process Versus End Result. Presentation at Society for Business Research. Orlando, FL.
- Wayne, K. and Hussey, J. (2012). The Contemporary American Mission Statement: Explicit Manifesto or Bemused Corporate Speak. Published in Conference
Proceedings of Northeast Business & Economics Association.
- Hussey, J. and Wayne, K. (2012). Mission Relevance and Sector Ambiguity: A Study of S&P100 Firms. Presented at the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences. Las Vegas, NV.
- Wayne, K. (2009) Determinants of Commercial Innovation for University Technology Transfer. Journal of Behavioral Studies in Business. Vol. 2.
- Spohn, K. & Wayne, K. (2009). The Macroeconomics Course and the College Student Vote: A new Assessment of Economic Literacy. Research in Higher Education,
- Winter 2009: Leader Perception of Competitive Advantage: A Regional Survey of Manufacturing, Healthcare and Education. Presented at the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, Las Vegas, NV, February 21, http://www.rivier.edu/#2009.
- Winter 2009: Strategy Tool Construction for Improving the Application of Strategic
- Frameworks. Presented at the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, Las Vegas, NV, February 20, 2009.
- Spring 2008: Determinants of Commercial Innovation for University Technology Transer: An Empirical Analysis. Presented at Society for Advancement of Management International Business Conference, Arlington, VA. April 5, 2008.
- Spring 2008: Conflicts of Disinterest in Academic Entrepreneurship. Presented at Society for Advancement of Management International Business Conference, Arlington, VA. April 5, 2008.
- Spring 2006: “Successful Sourcing and Utilization of Local Small Businesses for Live Case Studies: Best Practices and Managing Expectations” presented within the Management Education Track at the American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences (ASBBS) Annual Meeting in Las Vegas.
- Spring 2006: “Learning Outcomes for Real World Qualitative Market Research in the MBA Classroom” presented within the Marketing Education Track at the ASBBS Annual Meeting in Las Vegas.
- Spring 2005: Published article titled “Online Analytical Processing (OLAP) for New Venture Management and Monitoring: An Exploratory Field Study” in the Rivier College Online Academic Journal, Volume 1.
- Recognized with “Best Reviewer” Award at the Institute of Behavioral and Applied Management (IBAM) 12th Annual Meeting in Providence, RI, 2004.