Our philosophy of early education and our welcoming environment create an ideal atmosphere for your child to learn and develop.
We offer an inclusive program serving children with a variety of abilities and embrace the unique talents all members of our community. Our teachers and staff work with parents to support and enhance each child’s social, emotional, physical, and cognitive development through questioning, listening, and active engagement in activities.
A Commitment to Excellence
The Center supports the National Association for The Education of Young Children’s commitment to developmental, individual, and age-appropriate practices.
In particular, we:
- Appreciate childhood as a unique and valuable stage of the human life cycle
- Base our work on knowledge of how children develop and learn
- Value and support the bond between child and family
- Recognize that children are best understood and supported in the context of family, culture, community, and society
- Respect the dignity, worth, and uniqueness of each individual
- Recognize that children and adults achieve their full potential in the context of relationships based on trust and respect.
Recognizing Individual Learning
Our teachers are trained to observe the child’s individual learning style, interests, and developmental level. Through observation and assessment, teachers plan and implement hands-on learning experiences that engage a child’s imagination. Each lesson incorporates different subjects and encourages curiosity. Questioning, experimentation, and conversation help children gain answers to their inquiries, creating an environment where optimal learning and joy of discovery happen every day.
We instill a genuine appreciation for others and their unique qualities. We model positive regard and respect for each child and family, encouraging students to value differences and view them as strengths.
A Focus on Family
We recognize that families are a child’s first and best teacher. Our teachers and support staff work with each child’s family to enhance development. Our family-focused atmosphere creates an environment of collaboration and support as we work together to help each child become his or her best self.
Take the Next Step
We look forward to welcoming you to the Landry Early Childhood Center family!