Potentially Severe Flu Season
CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine for everyone 6 months of age and older as the first and most important step in protecting against seasonal influenza.
Where to Get the Vaccine:
- City of Nashua Division of Public Health and Community Services,18 Mulberry St., Nashua, NH 03060 (603) 589-4560
Date/Time: Immunization clinics Tuesdays 4pm to 7pm and Fridays 8:30am to 10:30am
No appointment needed. Please use side entrance on Elm St. after 5 p.m. Metered parking is available on the street and in the Maple St. parking lot. Handicapped parking is located next to the building on Elm St.
Cost: $10 cash/check/ Disc/MC/Visa (Although a fee is requested, no one will be denied immunization treatment due to inability to pay.)
- Rite Aid Pharmacy, 331 Main St., Nashua, NH 03060 (603) 886-9210
Free with most insurance, No appointment necessary.
- Walgreen’s Pharmacy, 283 Main St., Nashua, NH 03060 (603) 889-6124
No appointment needed, Free with most insurance.
- Convenient MD, 565 Amherst Street, Nashua, NH 03063
No appointment necessary, Free flu shots. 8am-8pm, 7 days a week
How to further reduce your risk:
In addition to getting a seasonal flu vaccine, if you have not already gotten vaccinated, take these everyday preventive actions:
- Stay away from sick people
- If you are sick with the flu, stay home from work or school to prevent spreading flu to others.
- Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds or use hand sanitizer frequently.
The flu usually comes on very suddenly. People who have the flu have some or all of these symptoms:
- Fever or feeling feverish /chills
- Sore throat
- Runny or stuffy nose
- Muscle or body aches
- Fatigue (tiredness)
Seek medical attention if you feel you have the flu, and seek emergency medical attention if you have any of these symptoms below:
Emergency warning signs of flu sickness:
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Pain or pressure in the chest or abdomen
- Sudden dizziness
- Severe or persistent vomiting
- Flu-like symptoms that improve, but then return with fever and worse cough