- Students may borrow up to 25 books at a time for 30 days with and 10 DVDs/videos for seven days.
- Faculty may borrow an unlimited number of books for 90 days and 10 DVDs/videos for fourteen days.
- Alumni may borrow 10 books for 30 days and 5 DVDs/videos for seven days.
- RISE members may borrow 10 books for 30 days and 5 DVDs/videos for seven days.
- NHCUC Students and Faculty may borrow 10 books for 30 days.
- Standardized tests circulate to authorized students only and can only be used in the library, unless the student currently enrolled in a "test course" then it circulates for seven days.
- Periodicals and Reference materials do not circulate.
- Rivier students, staff and Sisters may place holds on books via the "Request" function in the online catalog. Holds may not be placed on videos, tests, reserves, ERC software or reference books.
- Faculty may place holds on books, videos and tests.
- Books are held for 10 days after notification. After 10 days, the hold status is removed and the book is returned to the circulating collection.
- If a hold is placed on a book currently checked out the borrower may not renew the item and must return it on its due date to allow the patron with the hold access.
- Overdue notices are sent five times during the 30 days after the due date. After 30 days, a bill is issued for the replacement cost and processing fee for the item. The replacement cost varies. The processing fee is $25.00 per item.
- For videos, there is an overdue fine of $1.00 per day beginning with the first day after the due date, with a maximum fine of $15.00 per item. Overdue notices are sent five times during the 30 days after the due date. After 30 days, a bill is issued for the replacement cost and processing fee for the item. The replacement cost varies. The processing fee is $25.00 per video.
- For tests, there is an overdue fine of $5.00 per day beginning with the first day after the due date, with a maximum fine of $15.00 per item. After five notices have been sent, a bill is issued for the replacement cost and processing fee for the item. Replacement costs for tests are to be determined by library management.
- For laptops, LCD projectors, camcorders and digital cameras, there is an overdue fine of $5.00 per hour. Replacement costs and processing fee for lost or damaged media equipment are to be determined by library management.
- For reserve materials, there is an overdue fine of $1.00 per hour.
- If material is returned after billing, the replacement cost and processing fee are canceled; incurred fines remain.
- When overdue fines and/or replacement costs reach $15.00, the borrower's account will be blocked from further lending (excluding in-library circulations) until the fine is resolved.
- All funds collected for the replacement of lost library materials will be used toward library collection purchases.
- Overdue items are considered a financial obligation to the University (see Student Handbook).
- For your convenience, an outside book return is available at the main entrance. Circulating library books and movies may be returned at either Regina Library or the ERC. All other items need to be returned to the original library.
- Extremely overdue items returned after their records have been removed from the library system may incur a $25.00 cataloging fee upon return.
Fines for items returned late as well as replacement and processing fees for lost/damaged items may be paid in several ways:
The library accepts checks or money orders made out to “Regina Library.”
Pay by cash, check, money order, debit/credit card, ID card discretionary funds or credits from a Rivier account.
Using your Rivier email account, send the Business Office an email at email@example.com authorizing the use of ID card discretionary money or a credit on your Rivier account as payment.
Call the Business Office at (603) 897-8488 to pay with a debit/credit card, ID card discretionary funds or a credit on your Rivier account.
Send a check or money order made out to "Regina Library" to the following address:
Attn: Circulation Coordinator
420 South Main Street
Nashua, NH 03060
For Rivier students, faculty, staff and RISE, the Rivier ID card serves as the Library card.
Alumni register by bringing their alumni ID to the circulation desk.
PLUS Company students register with their instructor present.
NHCUC students and faculty register by bringing their current ID to the circulation desk. NHCUC staff do not have borrowing privileges.
Sodexo staff register by filling out a form at the circulation desk and signing the Computer Use Policy. Library staff confirm employment with Sodexo management before library privileges begin.
Conference attendees and guests of the university do not have borrowing privileges unless granted special allowances prior to coming on campus.
Nashua public and private high school students do not have borrowing privileges.
Rivier faculty/staff family members do not have borrowing privileges.
- Books may be renewed a maximum of two times. After returning a book that had been renewed two times, there is a one day wait period before checking out the same item.
- Renewals can be made online by the borrower under "My Library Account", in person at the library, or by phone (603-897-8256).
- Videos/DVDs are not renewable except by faculty who are given one renewal for each DVD/Video. After returning a video, there is a one day wait period before checking out the same item.
- Tests are not renewable. After returning a test, there is a one day wait period before checking out the same item.
- Books that are "on hold" for another patron may not be renewed.
- In special situations, library materials may be recalled by library staff.