WHAT IS NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION?
New Student Orientation is a mandatory overnight program for incoming resident and commuter students designed to introduce and welcome students to the Rivier community! There are two sessions offered, completely the same, just pick the one more convenient for you!
WHAT WILL I DO AT NEW STUDENT ORIENTATION?
- Meet fellow members of the Class of 2020
- Meet your faculty and academic advisor
- Get to know the Rivier campus
- Receive your fall class schedule
- Experience Raider spirit!
WHAT IS PARENT ORIENTATION?
Parent orientation is a day-long, separate program for family members that introduces those close to a Rivier University student to the services and resources the University has to offer. Specifically, family members will:
- Learn more about campus services
- Meet with current students, faculty, staff and administrators
- Meet fellow parents of the Class of 2020
- Engage in presentations and one-on-one interactions.
HOW CAN I REGISTER?
Online registration will open on Saturday, April 9. We will send you reminders and a link to the registration page as the date approaches.
WHAT SHOULD STUDENTS BRING TO ORIENTATION?
- A smile for your ID picture
- Comfortable clothing and shoes (Orientation will involve activities both inside and outside.)
- Pillow, sheets (beds are extra-long) blankets, or sleeping bag
- Toiletries: toothbrush, toothpaste, soap, shower shoes, shampoo, hairbrush, etc.
- Raincoat or umbrella
- Insurance card
- Any medication you may need
- A fan is recommended.
WILL STUDENT AND PARENT SCHEDULES BE POSTED IN ADVANCE?
Yes, schedules will be posted in early May.
HOW CAN I GET MORE INFORMATION?
Call the Office of Student Activities and Orientation at 603-897-8254, email email@example.com or tweet the Riv Raider at @RivRaider!