Counseling and Wellness Center
Task Force on Alcohol & Drugs
The Task Force on Alcohol, Tobacco, and Other Drugs addresses issues of substance use and abuse among Rivier students. Comprised of students, faculty, staff and community representatives, the task force provides education and encourages students to make low-risk choices.
Drug Free Schools Act
The Task Force on Alcohol, Tobacco and Other Drugs addresses the issues of substance use and abuse among the student population. Through education, enforcement, social norming and other environmental strategies the task force endorses low-risk choices and the use of early intervention services. Among its primary goals:
- Assess student alcohol, tobacco and other drug use.
- Review and recommend policies related to substance use/abuse.
- Provide and support education regarding substance use/abuse prevention strategies for the entire Rivier Community.
- Network with external agencies/individuals at the community and state level to advance the mission of the task force.
- Monitor and evaluate the efforts of the task force.