Reuse Custom Tables with Building Blocks
There is a monthly report that uses a special table. The table is just the
way you want it. Save this table for future reuse.
Select the table
Click Insert tab / Text Group
Click Quick Parts arrow
Select Save Selection to Quick Part Gallery...
The following pop-up screen displays
Name: type in a short name
Gallery: Select from the list: I selected tables for this section
Category: I decided to create a new category with my name Sr. Arlene
Description: Type in needed information
Save in: Select ... Building Blocks
Options: Select from drop-down list: Content only is the default
OK to save changes
The next time you want to use this table.
Click Insert / Quick Parts / Building Blocks Organizer
Scroll down to Tables section
Highlight the table / Click Insert / Close the window
Go to Insert tab / Table
Click Quick Tables
Scroll down to the table and double click
July 05, 2012
Sr. Arlene Callahan
Nashua, NH 03060
Reuse Tables in Word
To save a table in Microsoft Office Word for reuse in the future:
1. Select the table that you want to save.
2. On the Insert tab of the Ribbon, click Table, point to Quick
Tables, and then click Save Selection to Quick Tables Gallery.
3. In the Create New Building Block dialog box, give the table a
name, classify it with some basic parameters, and then click OK.
To reuse a saved table:
1. Position your cursor where you want to insert a saved table.
2. On the Ribbon, click Insert, click Table, and then point
to Quick Tables.
3. From the list, click the table you saved previously. This table will
now be inserted into the document.