Administrative Assistant, Graduate (MS) & Doctoral (DNP) Online Nursing Education ProgramsDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic Affairs/Division of Nursing
support for the Graduate & Doctoral Online Nursing Programs as part of the
administrative team. Duties include
scheduling appointments, preparing correspondence, taking minutes at MS &
DNP Nursing Faculty meetings, maintaining student records and files for each
program, and other job-related duties as assigned. Provide administrative support to the online MS
& DNP Nursing faculty. Share in
general office duties with other Administrative Assistants in the Division of
Nursing & Health Professions.
Maintain a thorough understanding of all processes within the DONHP.
Support to the Graduate & Doctoral Nursing Education Program Director
- Develop the students Program of Studies upon admission,
guiding the student order of course enrollment.
- Maintain data related to student and course anticipated
enrollment for the Rivier Online (ROL) graduate and doctoral students, using MS
Word, Excel and Access.
- Process ROL student requests for changes to their Program of
Studies, with the Directors approval.
- Process ROL student request for Program Withdrawal,
Leave-of-Absence, and Track Changes.
- Assist ROL students who are returning from a LOA by
reviewing the academic advisor transcript in CAMS to determine courses they
have already completed, and develop a new program of studies.
- Ensure all ROL new students have successfully self-enrolled
in their first course, to confirm they have accepted matriculation.
- Provide the student with a “Letter of Good Standing” upon
request, to assist them with securing a practicum placement, or obtain a
discount from one of the professional journals.
- Complete the required paperwork associated with a graduating
student taking the AANP or ANCC certification exam, to be qualified as a Nurse
- Maintain the ROL Students DEGREE AUDIT as listed in CAMS.
- Provide the registrar’s office with the required intent to
graduate paperwork and a copy of the students signed program of studies.
- Complete post-graduate (employment) credentialing paperwork
for graduates-as they secure employment after graduation.
- Develop and send probationary and dismissal letters to ROL
students as required.
- Register graduate ROL students for the PRACTICUM courses.
- Monitor auto-emailed daily reports for students admitted by
the graduate admissions department and develop a Program of Studies for these students.
- Email on-campus dates/reminders to ROL students about
on-campus intensives (discounted lodging/meals), or and course-related
- Assist with the development and acquisition of program
completion data required for ACEN accreditation (board pass rates, employment
rates, employer feedback surveys, etc.
- Schedule student appointments with Graduate & Doctoral
Program Director as needed.
- Anticipate upcoming projects/events/assignments to assure
necessary steps are taken to meet deadlines.
- Attend DNP faculty meetings; record and transcribe minutes;
act independently to intiate required activities.
- Maintain administrative and student files for Graduate &
DNP online programs.
- Assist with
administration of Graduate & Doctoral Nursing Programs in Director’s
absence and under the direction of the Division of Nursing & Health
- Maintain Access database of all MS & DNP alumni.
- Attend quarterly MS & DNP Information Sessions.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Program Director.
- Maintain course database with course syllabi and other
course materials; upload syllabi to online repository.
- Maintain database
of end-of-course reports, and final/alternative exams according to due date
correspondence for faculty signature, as needed.
- Assist students
as needed with questions or inquiries.
- File student
evaluations, written notices, acknowledgements and agreements.
- Maintain Excel
database to track enrollment of accepted MS & DNP online students.
General Office Duties
- Participate in staff meetings to review procedures and
policies of the Division.
- Assist with pickup and delivery of mail.
- Assist other office staff during peak time.
- Assist in covering for other Administrative Assistants
during vacation periods.
Other Duties as
- Associates Degree or two to four years of
- Proficient computer skills, including MS Word, MS Excel
(Pivot Charts), MS Access & MS Outlook
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal and communication
skills, as well as a strong attention to detail.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled. Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae or resume, the names of three (3) professional references, and starting pay expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. Rivier University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.