CARE Project CoordinatorDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:Rivier University is seeking a Project and Prevention Program Coordinator to implement the University's "Campus Awareness for Raiders to End issues of sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence, and stalking (CARE)" program. This is a new position associated with a three-year Office on Violence Against Women (OVW) Grant to reduce sexual assault, domestic violence, dating violence and stalking (SDDVS) on campus. This position is a full-time 10-month position reporting to the Vice President for Student Affairs. This position will manage and serve as point of contact for an OVW Grant from the Department of Justice, with duties that include, but not limited to: implementation of grant program (activities, policies, and protocols), grant reports and assessment, OVW correspondence, and budget management. The OVW grant will require the Project and Prevention Coordinator to be responsible for coordination and implementation of the grant program and activities with special attention paid to a Coordinated Community Response Team; the replacement and enhancement of the campus' emergency (blue light) phone system; and the establishment and enhancement of education, training and communication to all campus constituencies as they relate to Title IX policies and laws; and all related grant-outlined activities.
Student Affairs/Office of the Vice President
Grant Funded 10 months/3 years
- Ability to evaluate and assess crisis situations
- Demonstrated comprehension of prevention efforts and the dynamics of SDDVS in a campus environment
- Experience and demonstrated effective skills in project and budget management
- Experience in successful grant reporting
- Knowledge of NH & federal laws regarding the topic including VAWA, Clery, and Title IX and distinctions between each
- Commitment to diversity and inclusion
- Ability to communicate effectively (both verbal and written) and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability and willingness to work irregular hours, including nights and weekends for programming
- Ability to travel in order to attend required OVW trainings
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft Office, social media, coordinating events, and program evaluation
- Master's degree required in education, psychology, social sciences or related field. Minimum of 2 years of experience working in sexual assault prevention programs, victim advocacy or a related field
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. Anticipated start date is January 3, 2018.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume of CV and the names of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE.