Part Time Public Safety OfficerDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Student Affairs/Public Safety
8 hrs a week/52 weeks a year
Under general supervision, perform duties to ensure the safety and security of University students, employees and visitors; applies crime risk and safety hazard prevention techniques, methods, practices and enforces University policies and regulations.
- Patrol campus residence halls to prevent or deal with any incidents of theft, vandalism, fire or fire hazards, disorderly conduct and violations of University policies and regulations. Check ID's of visitors or other persons who are unknown in the residence hall. Assist in escorting individuals off campus as appropriate.
- Cover other department positions as needed.
- Patrol campus buildings and grounds in a vehicle or on foot to prevent or deal with any incidents of theft, vandalism, fire or fire hazards, disorderly conduct, violation of University traffic, safety, security, or other regulations. Check ID's of visitors. Assist in escorting individuals off campus as appropriate. Ensure that buildings are locked and unlocked as appropriate. Check physical plant at night, including mechanical checks of boilers, lighting, temperature controls, etc.
- Issue tickets for campus parking violations.
- Respond to complaints/calls related to possible criminal activity and investigate incident.
- Investigate traffic accidents on campus.
- Respond to calls involving medical emergencies. Administer first aid and/or call for additional assistance as needed.
- Report security incidents and unusual or hazardous conditions on campus to appropriate officials.
- Call for and assist local fire and rescue personnel as needed.
- Assist are police with investigation on campus.
- Provide security services such as parking and traffic direction, crowd control, etc. for special events. Set up traffic/parking barricades.
- Interpersonal/human relations skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- High School education plus two to three years of relevant work experience, including one year of directly related security or law enforcement training or experience or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Good working knowledge of relevant laws and regulations.
- Good working knowledge of fire prevention and firefighting methods
- Relevant first aid training with knowledge of CPR desirable.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to deal effectively with a wide range of individuals, in some cases under stressful, dangerous and/or emergency conditions.
- Ability to handle emergency situations calmly and efficiently.
- Demonstrated integrity.
- Physical ability to carry out job duties.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names of 3 professional references to email@example.com Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE