This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
Assistant Director of Academic and Career AdvisingDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic Affairs/Academic Advising
Assist the Director of Academic and Career Advising with ensuring a positive academic and career advising experience for students. Directly serve advisees in assigned department as a primary academic advisor.
- Advises students on an individual and group basis. Reviews and edits student materials. Administers and reviews self-assessments. Provides career development preparation and additional coaching and mentoring, as needed.
- Assist students with registration, transfer credits and credit bearing activities.
- Assist Director with day-to-day operations of academic and career advising center with a focus on the technology needs and operations.
- Oversee first-year student June orientation registration process each semester.
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
- Master's degree in student affairs or other appropriate related discipline desirable.
- Two or more years of experience in advising or advising related activities at an institution of higher education.
- Experience with academic/student affairs administrative processes.
- A strong desire to work in a team environment
- A positive orientated work ethic with a commitment to student success.
- A growth mindset that looks to improvement and is comfortable with change.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Submit a cover letter stating salary expectations, resume, and 3 professional references to: Human Resources, RIVIER UNIVERSITY, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060, or apply online at firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please. EOE.