This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
Director of Marketing and CommunicationsDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
University Advancement/Office of Marketing and Communications
direction of the Vice President for University Advancement, the Director of
Marketing and Communications is responsible for all external and internal
marketing and communication functions that support enrollment and advance the
institution. The Director manages and executes advertising, public and media
relations, publications, the website, social media, and electronic
communications. The Director works closely with admissions and recruitment
staff, as well as external partners, to develop and execute marketing and
communications plans and strategies.
- Develop and execute integrated marketing,
advertising, and communication strategies to support recruitment and position
the University strategically with its diverse constituents.
- Execute the Rivier University brand through all
internal and external communications. Advise campus departments on use of
Rivier brand. Direct the development, design, and production of a
variety of print and electronic publications produced in house and by external
- Write, edit, proofread, and approve content for a
variety of recruitment and campus publications.
- Manage effective relationships with key vendors
and partners to optimize marketing initiatives; Oversee campaigns, branding, and
- Track and report results of advertising campaigns
- Work with a variety of campus constituents to
develop effective communication materials and strategies; Foster collaborative
relationships with faculty, staff, and administration.
- Develop public relations and media strategy to
expand coverage in local and regional markets; Develop strong media relationships
and oversee media outreach.
- Maintain the University website and lead a variety
of website development projects and initiatives.
- Report website analytics and assess and enhance
search engine optimization.
- Develop and execute University-wide social media
strategy using, but not limited to, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and
- Under the supervision of the Vice President for
University Advancement, coordinate the University’s response and messaging for
- Monitor and administer recruitment and marketing
budgets, ensuring projects are within approved budgets.
- Maximize efficiency of marketing and
communications operations, files, databases, archives, and records.
Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree (Master’s preferred)
and 3-5 years of experience in marketing, communications, public
relations, or advertising (preferably in higher education).
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Solid experience in graphic design and advertising
with demonstrated creative talent; strong knowledge of website design and
- Proficiency in graphic design software including Adobe
Creative Cloud (InDesign and PhotoShop) and Microsoft Word, Excel, and
- Proven project management experience and ability
to multi-task a heavy volume of short- and long-term projects in a deadline
- Highly organized and detail oriented with
excellent follow through.
- Ability to work collaboratively in a team
- Experience directing the work of graphic artists,
freelancers, and agencies.
- Supervisory experience preferred.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE