This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
GSE-Division of BusinessDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic Affairs/Division of Business
The Division of Business Graduate Student Employee (GSE) responds to and supports academically-related projects and tasks, in furtherance of Division goals and objectives supporting the institution, Division faculty and staff, and students participating in related academic courses and programs.
Such projects and tasks include, but are not limited to:
- Respond to faculty and staff generated and managed tasks. This can include specifically assigned grading for undergraduate level courses; not graduate level courses. Grading tasks will not include data entry into official Institution record systems, as this is a faculty/staff function and responsibility
- Data collection, organization, queries and analysis, and generate reports
- Draft and refine Division-level marketing and communications correspondence
- Assist on managing Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms for the department
- Assist the Division of Business with academic events, campus/community groups and business-related events relevant to the program offerings.
- Support professional and academic event planning and execution
- Support student recruitment initiatives (e.g., Open House, Accepted Students Days, etc.)
- Research, analyze and interpret information related to Division projects, and/or work with faculty on scholarly research initiatives
- Assist faculty with Canvas-related activities
- Other appropriate tasks, as assigned
The GSE reports to the Dean of the Business Division. The GSE is readily available to respond to Division faculty and staff-generated tasks and project assignments. The GSE is available to tutor students taking Division courses. (This is a no-fee service for students).
The GSE will keep the Dean apprised of current and upcoming assigned tasks, projects, and student tutoring activities.
Must be fully admitted in an institution graduate degree program, be making above satisfactory progress in that program, and maintain good academic standing. The ideal candidate will be enrolled in a Division of Business-managed graduate degree program.
The ideal candidate will possess self-initiative traits, to include suggesting opportunities or activities furthering Division goals and objectives.
Minimal acceptable attire and grooming standards are expected.
Review of applications will begin August 13, 2017 and continue until the position is filled. Submit a letter of interest, resume, and the names and telephone numbers of three (3) professional references to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060.