Assistant Director I for Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions: International, Online and On CampusDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Enrollment Management/Graduate Admissions
Under the supervision of the Associate Director of Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions, the Assistant Director recruits prospective students, interviews and advises applicants, reviews both international and domestic applications, and participates in various recruitment related activities and projects for on campus-evening and online programs at all academic levels from Associate's through Doctorates. The Assistant Director implements the institution's enrollment strategy in recruitment, and admissions through inquiry/application management, multilayered communications, and data analysis.
This person is a results-oriented enrollment professional who always represents and promotes Rivier University in a manner that advances the enrollment goals of the University.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
- Professionally represent the University as a recruiter and ambassador at all times.
- Correspond and meet with prospective students in order to provide information about Rivier's academic programs as well as explain admission requirements, policies and procedures.
- Assist applicants to ensure completion of required admission documentation.
- Review admission applications and determine decision action depending on the academic program and program delivery method.
- Effectively understand University academic programs, policies and procedures.
- Work with a network of contracted international recruiters to help maintain and promote interest in international markets for Rivier University.
- Recruit actively throughout the year possibly including: corporate on-site visits and information sessions, graduate school fairs and forums, college events, graduate admission office information sessions, and program-specific sessions.
- Implement communication and action plans to most effectively recruit for the assigned recruiting populations.
- Plan and work collaboratively with admissions staff as well as other areas with the goal of maximizing the overall effectiveness of recruiting students.
- Monitor, understand and analyze recruitment-related data, reports and other quantitative information to identify progress and potential areas of focus or improvement at each stage of the admissions funnel from inquiry through enrollment.
- Meet enrollment goals through the execution of recruiting initiatives.
- Work with other Rivier University departments, in particular the Office of Global Engagement, to help ensure best available process efficiencies and communication with applicants.
- Serve on University committees and working groups as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision is received from the Associate Director of Graduate and Professional Studies Admissions within a highly collaborative small office environment.
- Bachelor's degree and 1-3 years of experience in higher education student admissions. Experience specifically with international, graduate, and online populations is preferable.
- Excellent writing and communication skills, proficient with MS Office suite. In particular, must be proficient and independent with MS Excel and/or similar software analysis tools for the purpose of manipulating data sets and quickly identify trends and opportunities.
- Possess effective professional business verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with current student computer information systems and an understanding that the role of technology in recruitment and operations is a major key to success.
- An ability and aptitude to work independently and responsibly using strong decision-making ability and the skill to prioritize competing opportunities and needs in a busy environment.
- The ability and aptitude for possible international travel for recruiting and marketing, and a desire to always increase cultural competence with prospective students from anywhere in the world.
- Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Have a reliable car, a valid driver's license and passport, able to lift and carry marketing/promotional materials to promotional events (up to 30lbs).
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted.
Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume or CV and the names of 3 professional references to email@example.com or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE.