This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
Electronic Information LibrarianDUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic Affairs/Regina Library
Manage and coordinate the library’s electronic information resources and systems; act as vendor liaison for all manner of electronic resources and services; perform all systems administration functions for the library’s integrated library system (ILS); manage other library specific software; assist library staff with computer issues; communicate with the campus Information Technology (IT) Department staff to resolve problems; manage the usage statistics for all electronic information resources; and provide Reference Desk services
- Direct, coordinate, administer, monitor, and evaluate the library’s electronic information resources and systems:
- Act as vendor liaison for electronic information; investigate, negotiate, and manage contracts and licenses with multiple vendors
- Manage the library’s open URL linker and the web access manager for off campus access.
- Collect and compile library statistics pertaining to assigned functions. Prepare related administrative/operations reports
- Serve as library systems administrator:
- Perform regular systems maintenance functions
- Perform system and software upgrades
- Troubleshoot operating problems
- Serve as principle liaison with systems vendors
- Manage library specific software and tools used in reference services, cataloging, and interlibrary loan.
- Communicate with campus IT to resolve problems
- Provide technical assistance to staff in systems use; provide training for library staff in the use of automated systems; develop and update procedures and manuals and related system documentation
- Provide reference desk services. Participate in library instruction as needed.
- Coordinate special automation projects in accordance with the needs articulated by Library management. Research systems, investigate options and make recommendations. Coordinate implementation of new automated systems.
- Confer with library management, library staff and university stakeholders on library and university electronic information initiatives. Implement, as necessary, aspects related to library systems and services.
- Act as subject specialist collection development library liaison for one or more content areas; confer with faculty to assess needs; make selections in appropriate formats; and make de-selection decisions as appropriate.
- Keep abreast of new and evolving technologies and communicate developments to library management and staff.
- Assist with library projects, programming, and other tasks as needed.
- Work with other library staff to update and edit the library web pages.
- Participate in other tasks within the Technical Services Department as necessary.
Required: An MLS from an ALA accredited program or an MLS candidate with relevant library experience. A minimum of one to two years of relevant library experience. Must be self-directed, well organized, and able to meet deadlines and multiple demands. Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
Preferred: Computer/IT proficiency or education. Experience with library systems and/or electronic information management is strongly preferred. Experience in an academic library, and in conducting reference interviews and searching research databases.
The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names of 3 professional references to email@example.com or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Priority given to those candidates who apply by Friday, August 29, 2014.