This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
Circulation Assistant (part-time)DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Academic Affairs/Regina Library
SCHEDULE: 19.5 hours per week; 31 weeks (academic year)
Regina Library: Monday through Thursday 4:00pm
to 7:30pm; Saturday 9:00am to 10:00am
ERC: Saturday 10:00am to 3:00pm
- Check in/out circulating and reserve materials in all formats and follow up as necessary.
- Perform routine circulation tasks including processing holds and contacting patrons with overdue materials.
- Assist with placing materials on course reserve.
- Provide patrons with a wide variety of informational assistance concerning library services and policies. In the absence of the reference librarian, provide basic reference assistance. Refer requests for complex reference assistance to reference staff.
- Assist patrons as needed in the basic use of computers, printers, photocopiers, scanners, etc.
- Assist patrons with the use of Microsoft Office products.
- Shelve circulating materials.
- Assist in the training of student assistants. Supervise student assistants and delegate tasks; communicate performance issues and the like to the Circulation Coordinator/ERC Librarian. Model and communicate the importance of excellent customer service skills to the student workers.
- Maintain stack areas: shelf read, straighten, and shift shelves in circulating collections.
- Book library items and rooms.
- Perform opening/closing procedures at the designated time.
- Assist with maintaining the appearance of the Regina Library circulation area and the ERC generally.
- Assist with inventories of library and ERC collections and various special projects as they occur.
- Laminate/bind appropriate projects at the ERC.
- Assist with other library projects, programming and other tasks as needed including, but not limited to the delegated daily, weekly, and monthly tasks highlighted in the Circulation Procedures.
- Coordinate with the Circulation Coordinator and other circulation assistant to accomplish routine circulation tasks.
Required: Bachelor’s degree plus two to three years of relevant library experience preferred, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired. General office and organizational skills including knowledge of Microsoft Office products. Ability to interact courteously and efficiently with library patrons; ability to exercise sound discretion when enforcing library policies. Excellent customer service orientation.
Preferred: Overall understanding of academic library operations, library circulation systems, basic reference assistance, and Library of Congress classification. Good supervisory and organizational skills. Ability to coordinate and plan workflow, multi-task, and work with a variety of detailed data.
The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s
interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are
asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names
of 3 professional references to email@example.com or Office of Human Resources,
Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please.
Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. Priority given to those
candidates who apply by Friday, August 22, 2014.