This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
Housekeeper- 3rd ShiftOVERVIEW:To clean and perform routine maintenance of campus buildings, including residence halls, classrooms, and administrative offices; to coordinate/carry out a specialized custodial/maintenance function; and/or to serve as a team leader for a small crew of custodial staff.DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
Finance & Administration/Facilities Department
- Clean floors: vacuum, sweep, dust mop, wash, strip, wax, buff. Shampoo carpets.
- Wash windows, walls, chalkboards, trash cans.
- Dust furniture, fixtures, woodwork.
- Collect and empty trash receptacles and pick up litter in and around buildings.
- Clean, sanitize and stock bathrooms; change and clean shower curtains.
- Replace light bulbs.
- Move furniture.
- Coordinate and carry out a specialized custodial/maintenance function, such as stripping and refinishing floors, athletic facility maintenance, and the like.
- Serve as a team leader for a small crew of custodial staff: train new employees; issue daily work assignments; monitor work in progress and check completed work; assist staff with problems or unusual situations; handle minor personnel problems; report significant personnel problems to supervisor.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- High school education desirable. General knowledge and skills related to institutional housekeeping and maintenance work, with some relevant commercial/institutional cleaning experience.
- Ability to perform tasks in specific sequences.
- Physical ability to do heavy custodial work and operate cleaning equipment.
- Ability to understand and follow written instructions, chemical labels and warnings.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other employees and to deal courteously with students, faculty and staff
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE