This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
Transfer Articulation Specialist & Academic AdvisorOVERVIEW:The Academic Advisor/Transfer Articulation Specialist is a full-time 40 hour/week position that will employ a holistic and comprehensive approach to assist undergraduate day students in their course selection, degree progression, and academic success. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, serving as the primary liaison between advising and admissions regarding transfer course evaluations and degree audit implementation of credits, timely and appropriate outreach and retention initiatives to new and current students, tracking and monitoring student academic progress and outcomes and to serve as a referral resource to various support services on campus.
Academic Affairs/Academic Advising
- Monitor and update transfer articulation agreements, perform tentative transfer credit evaluations as needed, and serve as the primary liaison between Associate Director of Admissions and Academic Advising.
- Input all transfer credits for incoming transfer students and monitor their academic progress.
- Building advising relationships with assigned advisees (case load 325-350 students) and educate advisees about degree requirements, course selection, and academic policies and procedures.
- Maintaining student records and monitoring academic progress and performance of advisees.
- Planning, developing, and implementing advising, outreach, and retention initiatives.
- Assisting with and participating in first-year and transfer student orientation, open houses, and priority registration periods.
- Serving as a primary resource to faculty, staff and all students regarding academic related issues.
- Assisting with annual graduation audit of degree candidates and Commencement.
- Master's degree preferred in Counseling, Education or related field. Experience performing transfer student evaluations and an understanding of articulation agreements is a must.
- Strong interpersonal, problem solving, decision making, oral and written communication skills; ability to manage multiple tasks at once, organized and detail oriented.
- Ability to work collaboratively with a variety of diverse constituents including students, parents, faculty, and administration.
- Proficiency with use of technology, such as E-mail, MS Office Suite and student record management systems and software.
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s
interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are
asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names
of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources,
Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please.