This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
Administrative AssistantSchedule: Monday – Thursday, 10:00am-6:30pm and Friday 8:30am-5:00pm (academic year: mid-August through mid-May)
Academic Affairs/Division of Education
Monday-Friday, 8:30am-5:00pm (summer session)
To perform a full range of administrative functions for the University’s Doctoral Programs, including assistance with key departmental administrative tasks.
- The Administrative Assistant for the Doctoral Program in Education and Doctoral Program in Counseling and School Psychology will work under the direct supervision and guidance of the Directors of each program:
- Perform key office reception functions, answering phones and greeting visitors: screen calls and visitors to determine nature of request or problem; refer to appropriate staff member or University office; take messages; make appointments; take standard information for billing, administrative or other purposes; distribute a variety of written information; answer questions about department/university policies, procedures, fees, schedules, events, services, programs, and the like; assist with completion of forms. Place calls as requested;
- Maintain appointment calendars and set up meetings for Doctoral Program Directors;
- Arrange the schedule and coordinate meetings related to student’s doctoral dissertation proposal and defense with all dissertation committee members, as well as maintain records and track progress in the completion of the written dissertation until presented to the library;
- Assist in the arrangements for and conduct of the written and oral comprehensive examinations including the distribution of examinations to faculty;
- Assist the core instructors to provide the curriculum, technical, and student support in the program;
- Provide the necessary announcements, information, and invitations to all doctoral program events and activities to division and university faculty
- Proficient in Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook
- Strong skills in calendar management and scheduling
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience working at a University or College is a big plus!
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names of 3 professional references to email@example.com or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE.