This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
Enrollment Management/Undergraduate Admissions
40 hours per week/52 weeks per year
- Represent the University as a student recruiter, usually within a designated geographic area: visit high schools to meet with guidance counselors and students, attend college fairs, develop useful professional contacts, etc.
- Carry out extensive telephone contact ("telecounseling/telemarketing") with prospective students for recruiting purposes; document all telephone contacts in computer system.
- Interview students applying for admission to the University.
- Review admissions applications and supporting documentation, and recommend action.
- Identify and recommend potential scholarship candidates; prepare summary reports; coordinate interviews and notification of awards, etc.
- Correspond with students and parents. Speak with students and parents in order to obtain information, answer questions about admissions policies and procedures and University programs, etc.
- Assist in planning, and participate in various special events and projects related to assigned admissions functions.
- Perform various administrative tasks, such as maintaining logs and other records of activities, preparing reports, scheduling travel, etc.
- Confer regularly with supervisor, other Admissions staff, financial aid staff, other University staff, faculty, alumni, and others to plan, coordinate and evaluate activities, exchange information, resolve problems, etc. Participate on various committees.
- Prepare and give group presentations on admissions-related topics.
- Keep abreast of current University programs, policies and procedures.
- Perform basic data input and information retrieval tasks using automated records systems.
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
- Bachelor's degree, with one or more years of related work experience desirable, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Good reading, writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with high school students, parents, guidance counselors, students/faculty/staff/alumni, and others, requiring group speaking, individual interviewing/advising, and "sales" skills.
- Good understanding of the educational goals and objectives of a small, Catholic, liberal arts university.
- Basic typing skills and experience working with computerized information systems useful.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant's interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names of 3 professional references to email@example.com or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE.