Academic Affairs/Landry Early Childhood Center
Part and Full-time opportunities
The LECC is a NAEYC accredited program dedicated to providing high quality programming for children and a professional work environment for staff. All applicants must be flexible with hours including the ability to work until 6:00pm.
- Assist in teaching and supervising children, implementing appropriate educational curricula, leading/overseeing a wide range of daily activities, and providing general care for the children as appropriate for their age.
- Assist teachers in planning daily lessons and activities, adapt general classroom materials/methods as indicated by the teacher, assist with/carry out a variety of daily classroom management tasks.
- Implement individualized instructional plans and programs for assigned special needs children, under the direction of classroom, special education and/or other certified teachers, working with children individually and/or in small groups.
- Work with teachers and senior paraprofessionals to improve and expand teaching and counseling skills, understanding of specific disabilities, knowledge of school rules/policies/procedures/practices/philosophies, and so forth. Attend staff meetings, in-service and outside training and development activities, participate on committees as requested.
- Complete a minimum of one course per year towards a certificate, Associates or B.A, if candidate does not hold a degree.
- Related duties as assigned.
- Associates Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Early Childhood Education or related major
- Minimum of 9 credits in ECE, with at least three credits in Child Growth and Development, and 2 to 4 years of relevant experience and/or post-secondary education, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired. Relevant experience working with infant through pre-school age children.
- Familiarity with various types of disabilities desirable.
- CPR, first aid, and basic health care training required.
- The ability and willingness to support the Mission of the University; and to work collaboratively and collegially.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE