This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
Academic Affairs/Landry Early Childhood Center
Part and Full-time opportunities
The Landry Early Childhood Center (LECC) at Rivier University is hiring for both part- and full-time Associate Teachers!
The LECC is a NAEYC accredited program dedicated to providing high-quality programming for children, families and a professional work environment for staff. All applicants must be flexible with hours including the ability to work until 6:00pm at least twice a week.
- Demonstrate a sound understanding of children’s developmental needs as they relate to each age group.
- Assist Lead Teachers in planning and implementing the daily curriculum and activities, adapt general classroom materials/methods as indicated by the Lead Teacher, assist with/carry out a variety of daily classroom management tasks.
- Assist in teaching and supervising children, implementing appropriate educational curricula, leading/overseeing a wide range of daily activities, and providing general care for the children as appropriate for their age.
- Implement individualized instructional plans and programs for assigned special needs children, under the direction of the classroom Lead Teacher, special education and/or other certified teachers, working with children individually and/or in small groups.
- Present a professional demeanor towards families, staff and university personnel.
- Bachelor’s or Associates Degree in Early Childhood Education or related field of Education, or working towards degree, and/or a minimum of 9 credits in ECE, with at least three credits in Child Growth and Development, and 1 to 2 years of relevant experience and/or post-secondary education, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Relevant experience working with infant through pre-school age children in a child care setting.
- Familiarity with various types of disabilities desirable.
- CPR, first aid, and basic health care training required.
- The ability and willingness to support the Mission of the University; and to work collaboratively and collegially.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names of 3 professional references to email@example.com or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE
time positions include a full benefit package including free college tuition,
health/dental insurance, generous paid time off and paid holidays. For more information on benefits, please go
more information on the LECC, please visit our website at http://www.rivier.edu/about.aspx?menu=136&id=1350 and our Facebook page-https://www.facebook.com/The-Landry-Early-Childhood-Center-at-Rivier-University-102594639899207/?fref=ts