This position has been filled, thank you for your interest in Rivier University!
GRADUATE ASSISTANTDUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Academic Affairs/Division of Education
(18 hours per week, 14 weeks)
- To arrange the schedule and coordinate meetings related to student’s doctoral dissertation proposal and defense with all dissertation committee members, as well as maintain records and track progress in the completion of the written dissertation until presented to the library;
- To assist in the arrangements for and conduct of the written and oral comprehensive examinations including the distribution of examinations to faculty;
- To assist the core instructors to provide the curriculum, technical, and student support in the program;
- To provide the necessary announcements, information, and invitations to all doctoral program events and activities to division and college faculty;
- To plan, coordinate, and facilitate doctoral student’s involvement in all academic, social, and program events, activities sponsored by the program;
- To coordinate incoming and continuing doctoral student involvement in the summer orientation by planning events and activities that facilitate student participation;
- To provide the necessary technical support and information services to facilitate student and faculty participation in on-line program, course, curriculum, and cohort information exchanges;
- To initiate data entry and necessary support services for the annual review and tracking of student progress across the process of doctoral study from the time of admission to commencement including implementation of the Personal Learning Portfolio for all students;
- To assist in the development, revision, editing, and dissemination of all documents related to the doctoral program including the doctoral program handbook, the admissions materials for distribution and presentation, and the review of existing College policies and procedures for adaptation and assimilation of doctoral program and doctoral study;
- To assist in all aspects of the coordination, scheduling, and conduct of the admissions process including the arrangement and facilitation of the interviews for faculty and students; and,
- To be available as needed to instructors for classroom support for instruction, student facilitation, and coordination.
- To coordinate the planning, scheduling, and minutes of all committee meetings associated with the program.
- To conduct research under the direction of the faculty and program director to the doctoral education to support reports and innovations in doctoral programs of study;
- To support the research and scholarship related to faculty own research agenda;
- To serve as the contact for students in the process of presenting documentation of their own research studies to the Institutional Review of Human Subjects, coordination of workshops on institutional review of human subjects, and to disseminate information on human subjects to faculty and students engaged in research; and,
- To support program, curriculum, and instruction research initiatives for improved instruction in the context of the classroom
- The Graduate Assistant will supplement and assist the responsibilities of the Chair, Division of Education as needed;
- The Graduate Assistant will supplement and assist with the responsibilities of the Leadership Team and Administrative Assistants as required within the Division of Education; and
- Additional assignments and responsibilities as determined by the Director for the development, implementation, and facilitation of the doctoral program are possible
QUALIFICATIONS & COMPENSATION:
- Bachelor’s degree and full-time status as a graduate student at Rivier University
- Technical and research abilities must meet division qualifications.
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
This position is 18 hours per week position for both Term 1 and Term 2 graduate terms. (Exact weeks, days and hours worked to be determined with supervisor.) Compensation is a tuition waiver of 6 graduate credits during the fall semester. Courses need to be taken simultaneously with the semesters worked as graduate assistant.
Interested individuals are invited to apply. And, while we appreciate every applicant’s interest, only those under consideration will be contacted. Applicants are asked to submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names of 3 professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org or Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua NH 03060. No agencies please. EOE