How to save all your email by creating an IMAP account on your local computer.
To create an IMAP account in Windows Mail:
- Click on Tools, Accounts.
- In the popup dialog box, click Add, then select E-Mail Account and click Next
- Type in the Name you want to display, then click Next
- Type your email address (firstname.lastname@example.org), then click next
- Click on the drop down menu and select IMAP. In the Incoming and Outgoing text boxes, type: cas.rivier.edu
- Select the checkbox for Outgoing server requires authentication and click next
- Enter the Username and password – check Remember password only if it is not a public computer and click next
- Click on the checkbox for Do not download and then click finish.
- Highlight the account name (cas.rivier.edu) and click on Properties.
- Click the Servers tab. Make sure the checkbox at the bottom (My server requires authentication) is checked.
- Click Settings. Make sure the radio button for User same settings as my incoming mail server is checked.
- Click OK.
- Click the Advanced tab. Click the checkbox for Incoming mail, This server requires a secure connection (SSL)
- Click OK. Then click Close.
- Click Yes to Would you like to download all folders.
- In the Show/Hide IMAP folders dialog box, select all the folders you want to include, then click OK.
- Click on Send/Recv and all the mail will flow into the folders you’ve selected.