35 hours per week for 40 weeks (10 month position)
Reporting to the Director of Campus Ministry, the Campus Minister works to create a community of faith in the academic environment through the planning and support of office, division and campus programs and responding to student spiritual needs. The Campus Minister works with faculty, staff and students on programs, and is
responsible for planning and implementing programs that reflect the mission of Campus Ministry and Rivier University.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide spiritual direction and/or pastoral counseling as needed
- Develop and implement retreats for high school students in the Diocese of Manchester
- Train student leaders for retreat and prayer teams
- Plan, organize and implement relevant experiences for the Rivier community (e.g. student retreats, awareness campaigns, service trips, etc.);
- Coordinate and provide music for Sunday Mass as well as other special prayer experiences during the year (additional compensation available)
- Assist in providing meaningful work for work study students
- Maintain the campus ministry web site and Facebook page and ensure a social media presence for Campus Ministry in collaboration with the Student Affairs division.
- Create seasonally appropriate space in the lounge to encourage student engagement and use
- Attend campus activities when possible
- Participate in regular Campus Ministry meetings and other meetings and functions as requested by the Director of Campus Ministry;
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary by the Director of Campus Ministry.
General supervision is received from the Director of Campus Ministry.
The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
Bachelor’s degree required, with advanced studies in ministry, theology and/or spiritual direction desirable, related experience working with youth or young adults preferred and theological background through experience or studies.
- Strong preference will be given to Catholic candidates;
- Must be able to interact in matters of faith;
- Ability to connect well with students, faculty, and staff;
- Strong writing skills; intermediate to advanced computer skills;
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and exercise mature judgment;
- Liturgy planning and music ministry experience desirable.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue
until the position is filled. Submit a letter of interest, current resume,
salary requirements and the contact information for three professional
references to: Human Resources, RIVIER UNIVERSITY, 420 South Main Street,
Nashua, NH 03060, or email to email@example.com.
No agencies please. EOE