***THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED! Thank you for your interest in Rivier University!***
(19.5 hours per week, 31 weeks per year)
OVERVIEW:To perform a wide range of specialized and general tasks related to the
Circulation Department at the main (Regina) library and the Educational
Resource Center (ERC), as well as maintain the orderly functioning of the ERC
during assigned hours.
- This is an academic year position (31 weeks), excluding certain breaks
and holidays. Hours are:
- Regina Library: Monday through
Thursday 4:30pm to 8:00pm; Saturday 9:00am to 10:00am
- ERC: Saturday 10:00am to 3:00pm
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Check out/in circulating and reserve materials in all formats and follow
up on any related problems.
- Assist in the training and supervision of student assistants in the
absence of the Circulation Coordinator/ERC Librarian.
- Provide patrons with a wide variety of informational assistance
concerning library services and policies.
- In the absence of the reference librarian, provide basic reference
- Assist with other library projects and programming
- Bachelor’s degree plus two to three years of relevant library experience
preferred, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable
knowledge and skills are acquired. Overall understanding of automated library circulation
systems, basic reference assistance, Library of Congress classification, and
Microsoft Office products. Some supervisory
experience preferred. Excellent customer service and interpersonal
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all
Submit letter of intent, resume and the contact information for three
professional references to: Human
Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main St., Nashua, NH 03060 Attn:
CIRCULATION ASSISTANT, PART TIME or e-mail to email@example.com. No
agencies please. EOE.
Review of applications will begin immediately
and continue until the position is filled. Priority given to those candidates who apply by Monday, August 12, 2013.