TECHNICAL SERVICES ASSISTANT
Hours: 35 hours per week
Hourly Rate: $7.50
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use the Library’s multiple cataloging software packages
to perform copy cataloging:
- Download Records and
Update Holdings; Add and Delete Item
Records; Participate in Providing Quality Control for Bibliographic
Information; Process Materials for Circulation including generating and
affixing labels, and covering; Maintain Cataloging Statistical Records; Work on
Projects such as Data Verification and Database Clean-up; Assist with Materials
Receipt; and Assist with Other Projects as Required.
- Assist in Interlibrary Loan:
- Assist in borrowing and lending by pulling materials from the library's collections and scanning articles.
- Assist in Serials, as required:
- Check in serials, prepare them for the shelf and shelve.
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
- High School Graduate, Basic Computer
Skills, Basic Office Skills
- Ability to Follow Instructions,
Attention to Detail and Ability to Work Independently
- Ability to cover book carefully
of Databases and Record Structures and Library Practices a Plus
- The ability and willingness to support the
mission of the University, in all daily activities.
Review of applications will begin immediately and
continue until the position is filled. Submit a cover letter, resume and the
names and contact information for three (3) professional references to: Human
Resources, RIVIER UNIVERSITY, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060, or email
to email@example.com. No agencies please. EOE