**This position is not longer available and has been changed to ADMISSIONS COUNSELOR. We encourage interested individuals to instead apply for this opportunity. Thank you for your interest in Rivier University!**
POSITION OVERVIEW:To recruit prospective students, interview applicants, review
applications, and participate in various recruitment-related special events and
- Represent the University as a student recruiter,
usually within a designated geographic area: visit high schools to meet
with guidance counselors and students, attend college fairs, develop
useful professional contacts, etc.
- Carry out extensive telephone contact
("telecounseling/telemarketing") with prospective students for
recruiting purposes; document all telephone contacts in computer system.
- Interview students applying for admission to the University.
- Review admissions applications and supporting
documentation, and recommend action.
- Identify and recommend potential scholarship
candidates; prepare summary reports; coordinate interviews and
notification of awards, etc.
- Correspond with students and parents. Speak with
students and parents in order to obtain information, answer questions
about admissions policies and procedures and University programs, etc.
- Assist in planning, and participate in various
special events and projects related to assigned admissions functions.
- Perform various administrative tasks, such as
maintaining logs and other records of activities, preparing reports,
scheduling travel, etc.
- Confer regularly with supervisor, other
Admissions staff, financial aid staff, other University staff, faculty,
alumni, and others to plan, coordinate and evaluate activities, exchange
information, resolve problems, etc. Participate on various committees.
- Prepare and give group presentations on
- Keep abreast of current University programs,
policies and procedures.
- Perform basic data input and information
retrieval tasks using automated records systems.
- The ability and
willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily
- Bachelor's degree, with master’s degree in
student personnel services or other appropriate discipline desirable, with
one or more years of related work experience desirable, or a combination
of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are
- Ability to travel extensively.
- Good reading, writing and organizational skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with high school
students, parents, guidance counselors, students/faculty/staff/alumni, and
others, requiring group speaking, individual interviewing/advising, and
- Good understanding of the educational goals and
objectives of a small, Catholic, liberal arts university.
- Basic typing skills and experience working with
computerized information systems useful.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position
is filled. Submit a cover letter stating salary expectations, resume, and the
names and numbers of 3 professional references to: Human Resources, RIVIER
UNIVERSITY, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please.