OFFICE OF GLOBAL ENGAGEMENT
(21.3 hours per week, 16 weeks)
Graduate Assistant will be reporting primarily to the International Student
Advisor and also to the Associate Vice President for Global Engagement. This is
a part-time administrative assistant position working for 21.3 hours per week and earning up to 9 credits for the fall semester.
- Provides excellent customer service to students, staff, and faculty and acts as an ambassador for the Office of Global Engagement.
- Assists ISA in updating the F1 database, green initiatives (electronic filing), reviewing the International Student Handbook, and organizing the support services evaluation.
- Assists in advising all students on study abroad and teaching trips; provides all necessary information for each program.
- Executes proper communication and strategy in promoting programs and trips to the entire Rivier University community.
- Manages OGE’s database of study abroad/teaching trip participants
- Maintains and organizes students’ confidential records accordingly; process all applications/payments on a timely manner
- Monitors the Office of Engagement calendar of events; schedules information sessions for trips, advertise trips and events on study abroad and teaching trips accordingly
- Oversees the maintenance of the Office of Global Engagement and International Students websites, and also Facebook pages, on a timely manner.
- Provides campus tours for new international students as needed.
- Assists international students’ club officers in planning and preparing for their cultural programs.
- Perform other job-related administrative duties as assigned by AVP and ISA.
- Assists all OGE Student Assistants as needed.
- A team player that loves to work with others on a variety of projects.
- Committed to engaging global cultures, with some international travel experience preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal, presentation, written and oral communication skills.
- Dependable and able to use good judgment, perform job with minimal supervision.
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multi-task.
- Sensitive to the needs of all students, faculty and staff.
- Computer proficiency (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Web page management application)
- Strong academic record in graduate studies and leadership potential.
- English language proficiency.
- Currently enrolled graduate student.
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
- Important note: Candidate for this position should not be graduating earlier than May 10, 2013
This position is 21.3 hours per week position for both Term 1 and Term 2 graduate terms. (Exact weeks, days and hours worked to be determined with supervisor.) Compensation is a tuition waiver of 9 graduate credits during the fall semester. Courses need to be taken simultaneously with the semesters worked as graduate assistant.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position
is filled. Please send your cover letter, resume, and the names and numbers of
3 professional references to: Office of Human Resources, RIVIER UNIVERSITY, 420
S. Main St., Nashua, NH 03060, or e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No agencies. EOE