**This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest in Rivier University!**
SUNDAY REFERENCE LIBRARIAN
(7 hours, 38 weeks)
Provide library reference service to faculty, staff, students, and other library patrons. In the absence of the Circulation Staff, oversee circulation desk activity and supervise student workers. Occasionally assist with other tasks within the User Services Department. This position is for the academic year, excluding certain breaks and holidays. Hours are on Sundays from 11:00 am – 6:00 pm.
CHARACTERISTIC DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide the full range of professional reference services to the University community, using electronic resources and traditional reference materials, and using the full range of technology aids such as email, chat, and texting.
- Serve as a backup for library instruction staff in providing formal instruction and drop-in information sessions for patrons in general library use, research methods, and the like.
- May assist in preparing LibGuides and other appropriate materials.
- May assist with other department functions, including circulation, interlibrary loan, and reserves.
- Assist in training and supervising student assistants.
- May assist with collection inventories and other general library operations and projects as necessary.
- Supervise and assist as necessary with the shelving of materials.
- Keep abreast of current developments and trends in the field.
Required: Master's degree in Library Science from an ALA Accredited Program, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired. Experience working in a library, academic library experience preferred. Skills related to reference and circulation services, including database searching, and experience conducting reference interviews. Excellent customer service and interpersonal communication skills.
The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
Preferred: Experience with creating and editing LibGuides and online tutorials, and providing library instruction. Some experience with library circulation systems, as well as supervisory experience. Familiarity with Microsoft Office products and basic technical troubleshooting.
APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS:Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Submit a cover letter, curriculum vitae and the names and contact information for 3 professional references to: Human Resources, RIVIER UNIVERSITY, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. No agencies please. EOE