**This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest in Rivier University!**
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain the Vice President for Student Affairs calendar and phone communication including the scheduling of appointments and coordination of group meetings with faculty, staff and senior executives; take minutes at meetings and finalize meetings for distribution and filing;
- Serve as liaison with students, faculty, staff, parents, Trustees, alumni, vendors, and/or other key internal and external constituencies; present information on departmental programs; interpret standard policies and procedures to students, parents, et al; and process special requests, investigate and resolve problems, and refer students as necessary to the Vice President for appropriate action;
- Conduct research, via the web and other resources, as assigned by Vice President;
- Serve as office manager; ensuring that the office’s daily operations and activities are carried out in an appropriate and timely manner; ensure that all office equipment is in good working order that supplies are current;
- Revise and assemble various committee manuals and annual reports of the Vice President to the Board of Trustees and to the College President;
- Update the Student Handbook and Emergency Operations Manual on an annual basis;
- Coordinate all departmental events, trainings and conferences;
- Administer, monitor and reconcile budget account lines for office supplies.
- Compose routine and advanced correspondence including letters, memoranda, and reports.
- Oversee the administration of the Quality of Life survey.
Required: Bachelor’s degree and three (3) to five (5) years’ administrative experience in a college setting, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
The following are preferred demonstrated skills and experience:
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
- Highly developed organizational and administrative skills;
- Experience working with college students, including advising, assisting them with program development, and providing services to them that support student success;
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to learn and interpret a variety of policies and procedures;
- Well-developed computer skills;
- Ability to handle high-level information with extreme sensitivity and confidentiality;
- Strong analytical skills; and
- Demonstrated ability to manage time, and to multi-task.
Applications will be accepted until November 25, 2012. To be considered for this position submit a cover letter stating pay expectations, resume and the names and contact information for 3 professional references to: Human Resources, RIVIER UNIVERSITY, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060, or email to email@example.com. No agencies please. EOE