**This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest in Rivier University!**
DEPARTMENT OF STUDENT AFFAIRS
Rivier University seeks an experienced, energetic, and collaborative leader to oversee all aspects of student life functions of the University including Student Development, Student Activities, Athletics (Division III), Residence Life, Health Services, Counseling Services, Career Services, Campus Safety, Campus Ministry, and Multicultural Affairs.
The Vice President reports directly to the President, serves as a liaison to students and works closely with other members of the President’s cabinet. The VPSA will play a key role in the implementation of the University’s strategic plan which places a strong emphasis on student learning, leadership and engagement, and fulfillment of Rivier’s core mission of “Transforming hearts and minds to serve the world.”
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides senior leadership to the Division of Student Affairs and advocates for undergraduate and graduate students at the highest level of the University.
- Plans, coordinates, delegates, and provides leadership in areas of strategic plan implementation, human resources, policy development, budgeting and the administration of Student Affairs units.
- Supervises all student co-curricular activities, student activities, clubs and student government.
- Leads the development of an effective living-learning environment in the University residence halls and supervises the implementation of the program
- Administers the regulations regarding student conduct adopted by the University; administers disciplinary action when required; provides regular reports concerning student conduct; and initiates studies to develop more effective ways to achieve high standards of student conduct.
- Revises annually and distributes to each student a Student Handbook, containing the rules and regulations concerning student life on the campus.
- Collaborates and partners with Academic Affairs, Enrollment Management and other University divisions to develop initiatives and programs that support the broader mission of the University.
- Models and ensures a commitment to "student success" through the integration of student affairs programs and services into the student's total learning environment.
- Serves as a strong proponent for student learning and success by promoting University learning outcomes and program assessment.
- Coordinates Emergency Safety Manual and Disaster Preparedness Plan.
- Chairs various University committees and serves as the liaison to the Student Affairs Committee of the Board of Trustees.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations including Clery Act.
- Submits to the President an annual report of the activities of the division of student affairs.
- Participates in the life and activities of the University as appropriate.
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University, in all daily activities.
- Demonstrable commitment to the mission of Rivier University and the values of a Catholic higher education
- A master’s degree in Student Personnel, Educational Leadership & Administration, or related discipline and at least 5-8 years of progressively responsible management experience in student development or a closely related area
- Successful experience building collaborative partnerships with various constituencies on and off campus
- Demonstrated cultural competency, including successful experience working with diverse groups.
- Exceptional integrity, ability to exercise good judgment, effective written and oral communication skills, the ability to build and manage teams effectively
- Demonstrated transformational leadership skills and an ability to effectively manage organizational change, facility development, and the application of technology to divisional outcomes while working in a collaborative environment.
Rivier University is being assisted by the partners of the search firm: Hyatt - Fennell. Nominations and application materials should be submitted via email to Rivier@hyatt-fennell.com.
Application materials should include a focused letter of intent addressing interest, qualifications for this position, and a brief reflection on “Principles of Good Practice for Student Affairs at Catholic Colleges and Universities,” along with a complete resume and the names of at least three references familiar with the candidate’s professional accomplishments. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. The anticipated start date is on or before November 1, 2012. All applications and nominations will be considered highly confidential.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
RIVIER UNIVERSITY (www.rivier.edu) invites nominations and applications for the position of Vice President for Student Affairs (VPSA). Rivier University is recognized for its more than 60 degree programs serving the needs of both traditional and non-traditional students. The University, which achieved this status on July 1, 2012, prides itself on a classroom setting led by accomplished faculty who create an active, experience-based learning environment. Founded in 1933 by the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary, Rivier University in Nashua, New Hampshire, is a four-year Catholic institution offering professional preparation and a liberal arts education for almost 2,300 undergraduate and graduate students. The University offers programs of academic distinction in an environment that seeks to educate the whole person—mind, body, and spirit.