**This position has been filled. Thank you for your interest in Rivier University!**
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Plan, supervise and coordinate daily custodial/housekeeping services.
- Supervise, directly and indirectly, approximately 25 custodial staff. Interview and hire employees. Plan and conduct/oversee training programs and staff meetings. Confer regularly with staff to coordinate activities, assign and check work, assist with difficult or unusual tasks, resolve problems, and the like. Evaluate job performance. Plan staffing needs and work schedules. Prepare employee payroll information and maintain related personnel records.
- Plan and issue daily work assignments to individual employees and/or work teams.
- Oversee the distribution of supplies and equipment; order and maintain appropriate inventories of all materials used.
- Oversee distribution and use of keys to campus buildings.
- Prepare administrative/operations reports on work performed, inventory and the like.
- Ensure that all applicable work safety and security procedures are followed, and that all cleaning materials and tools are used properly.
- Perform quality control inspections.
- Plan summer cleaning schedules for residence halls.
- Coordinate and supervise the set-up of facilities/rooms for events.
- Confer regularly with supervisor, maintenance staff and other University personnel to plan and coordinate activities/projects, exchange information, investigate and resolve problems, and the like.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Assist as needed with a wide range of custodial work.
- Perform related duties as required.
- High school diploma plus 6 to 8 years of relevant work experience, including substantial supervisory experience, or a combination of education and experience from which comparable knowledge and skills are acquired.
- Strong computer skills including Word, Excel, Outlook and databases. Ability and willingness to learn and work with a Computer Maintenance Management System (CMMS) for work flow coordination and tracking.
- Ability and willingness to read, write, do basic math, and effectively supervise personnel.
- Ability to work cooperatively with a variety of University personnel, as well as outside vendors.
- Physical ability to perform all job duties, including lifting 50+lbs., pulling and pushing.
- The ability and willingness to support the mission of the University in all daily activities.
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Applicants should submit a resume, cover letter stating pay expectations and names and numbers of three professional references to: Office of Human Resources, Rivier University, 420 South Main Street, Nashua, NH 03060, or email materials to email@example.com. No agencies please. EOE